Siksika Nation COVID-19 Update for May 6th, 2021 provided by Chief Ouray Crowfoot
“At this time Siksika Nation Chief and Council have supported the recommendation from Siksika Health Services to move temporarily to a Red High Risk level effective May 6th from its previous Yellow status.” Chief Ouray Crowfoot
Siksikawa should refrain from both indoor and outdoor gatherings with people from outside their household, including both informal social gatherings, and formal gatherings. If gatherings are essential, they should take place outdoors, and be restricted to 10 people or fewer. Essential outdoor gatherings of 10 people or fewer should only be permitted if the space and organization of the group activity permits physical distancing of 2 metres between people, cleaning and disinfection, and other public health measures. Sick individuals with any type of symptom SHOULD NOT attend and/or host gatherings.
Under a RED-HIGH RISK level, the following guidance applies:
- Siksika Nation members encouraged to stay home.
- All non-essential activities and gatherings are discouraged.
- All non-essential businesses, workplaces, and services advised to close temporarily.
- Funerals/wakes-restricted to 10 people or fewer; immediate family only. Contact Siksika Health Services for guidance.
- Cultural/spiritual gatherings advised to be temporarily suspended.
- Schools advised to be temporarily closed.
- Elders Lodge-temporary suspension of visitors.
- Sports leagues advised to close temporarily.
For more information please contact Siksika Health Services