Siksika Nation Emergency Management
Definition of emergency management: Emergency management is the managerial function charged with creating the framework within which communities reduce vulnerability to hazards and cope with disasters or major events.
Vision – Siksika Emergency management seeks to promote public safety, protect our culture, prepare vulnerable communities with the capacity to cope with hazards and disasters.
Mission – Siksika Emergency Management aspires to protect our community by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other man-made disasters.
What are we doing:
- Initial Wildfire Needs Assessment.
- Communications for Innovation (C4I Project)
- Interagency Wildfire Exercise Series.
- IAMC Line 3 – Emergency Preparedness Research Project.
- Community – Based Disaster Risk Management Project (CBDRM)
- Building Community Capacity in Emergency Preparedness & Response.
- Siksika Nation Wildfire Plan.
Extreme Weather TIPS
Fire Prevention TIPS
Emergency Preparedness Kit
In the Event of a Local Emergency
If you need immediate assistance, call 403 734 9111